73 Cedar St., New Britain, CT 06051:
Para información en español sobre el Centro Hispano de Consejería, haga un click aquí
The Hispanic Counseling Center provides a variety of behavioral health services for adult, Spanish-speaking individuals with mental illness and/or addiction problems.
- Bipolar disorders
- Anxiety disorders (panic disorder, phobias, PTSD, OCD, GAD)
- Impulse control disorders
- Adjustment disorders and trauma
- Psychotic disorders (schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder)
- Personality disorders
We provide individual, family and group treatment at the different levels of care. Using a culture-sensitive approach, we help patients increase knowledge of their illness, expand coping and relapse-prevention skills and improve symptom-management abilities.
All programs include ongoing psychiatric evaluation and medication management. Clinical and administrative staff is fully bilingual and culturally competent. All insurances are accepted. Service hours are available 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- For patients needing an intensive, structured level of care. Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-noon.
Outpatient Group and Individual Services
- Psychiatric IOP - For patients with mental health issues
- Substance abuse IOP
- Dual-diagnosed IOP - Has the same design as the IOP, for patients with concurrent psychiatric and addition problems
- The Outpatient Program provides, based on need, non-intensive services weekly, bi-weekly and monthly. Specialized groups include:
- Victim's Services - Individual and Group - respond to the emotional needs of crime victims
- Women's and men's health groups
- Substance abuse
- Relapse prevention
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy