The Hospital of Central Connecticut and American Cancer Society have partnered to provide information and support to cancer patients and their loved ones and caregivers.
An American Cancer Society representative is at the hospital's New Britain General campus Tuesdays and Thursdays. The hospital's cancer resource specialist staffs the hospital's Auxiliary Cancer Resource Library Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Support services and more
Through its Cancer Resource Network, the ACS works with the hospital to provide:
- Free, personalized cancer information and consultation for newly diagnosed cancer patients.
- Free resource materials and research assistance to patients and caregivers.
- Support services to hospital patients such as Reach to Recovery, a one-to-one emotional support program for breast cancer patients; Look Good Feel Better, a program for female cancer patients undergoing treatment; and Road to Recovery, a free transportation program for cancer patients in need of rides to treatment.
- Outreach targeted to the New Britain community, focusing on cancer prevention and early detection.
- Cancer survivor recognition opportunities in the New Britain area.