Health tips, screenings, children's activities part of March 4 Healthy Family FunFest
[February 20 2012] -
Want to learn how you and your family can live healthy and happy? Come to the Healthy Family FunFest, Sunday, March 4, 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the Aqua Turf Club in Southington. Admission is free.
Presented by The Hospital of Central Connecticut, Central Connecticut Senior Health Services and the Southington-Cheshire Community YMCAs, this fun-filled event will feature information and activities for people of all ages, including:
* Healthy cooking demonstrations and gluten-free eating
* Balance challenge
* Blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose and bone density checks, and kids' dental screenings
* Pet therapy demonstration
* Car safety seat information
* Special needs registration
* Silver Alert for seniors
* Tips and information from health experts on eating right, exercising and a host of other health topics
* Kids' area, with an obstacle course, virtual gym and other fun activities
* Green living tips
* Much, much more!
You'll also enjoy great food and raffles, and have an opportunity to help your neighbors in need by bringing a non-perishable food item for Southington's Bread for Life.
For information, visit www.healthyfamilyfunfest.com.