The hospital's Health Sciences Library includes E-journals, E-textbooks, a number of medical databases, medical image libraries and numerous other resources.
New Britain General campus:
Main contact information
Bridget Gunn, MLS, Librarian
Hours: Staffed Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
ID badge access 24 hours a day.
Bradley Memorial campus:
Hours: Open to staff M-F days; for off hours access, contact Bradley Security
Library services and materials
- Books, audiovisual materials, journals and patient health information.
- Electronic resources include databases, CME resources, electronic textbooks and images. Read a detailed list.
- Article retrieval - The library will request copies of articles and books from other institutions in our network.
- Library staff will provide instruction and information services, including assistance using resources, database searching or instruction, and Interlibrary Loan for journal articles and books not owned. All messages/emails are returned within a 24-hour period.
- Library staff provides instruction on how to use various medical information sources. Contact the librarians to arrange a consultation or group class.