Student Nurse Technician Program
Nursing students who have completed one semester of clinical experience can work up to full-time in the specialty area of their choice. Our student nursing technician program provides outstanding opportunities for student nurses to enhance their clinical skills.
Student Nurses are offered:
- Competency-based orientation.
- Paid RN shadow experience in specialty areas of your choice.
- Enhanced opportunities to view special procedures.
- Student Nurse discussion groups.
- Summer educational series providing both clinical enhancement and professional development opportunities.
- Special social events for Student Nurse Technicians.
RN Protégée Program
Available during the winter break to senior BSN students, the RN Protégée Program focuses on the cognitive aspects of nursing.
Benefiting from the RN Mentor’s skills and experience, the student will learn to marry assessment findings and clinical data with the medical and nursing plans of care. The goal of the program is to immerse the student who is nearing graduation in the real life practice of nursing.
To apply for a student nurse program please send a cover letter, resume, current unofficial transcript, and letter of recommendation from a clinical instructor to
The Hospital of Central Connecticut
at New Britain General
100 Grand Street
New Britain, CT 06050